One of the easiest and most cost-effective ways of starting an eCommerce business is to set up your own website and sell your own products on it. You can easily set up an eCommerce website using Shopify or WooCommerce with WordPress.
By the end of this post, you’ll be able to take your eCommerce store and turn it into a powerhouse that generates sales day and night because I am going to show 7 smart ways to boost your eCommerce website sales and revenue.
Let’s get started.
1) Get affiliate marketers: Affiliate marketers are the people who have become experts at promoting other people’s products through their websites or through emails. You can pay them for linking to your web site or for the visitors that result. These are affiliates who have a proven track record of attracting customers. Send out emails to affiliates to inform them about the available affiliate program rules and try to keep the commission arrangements as fair as possible without giving away too much.
2) Minimum payout: Is the company paying affiliates as high as fifty percent or more commissions? Does the affiliate program have a tiered payment scheme with the minimum payout for each sale, which, in turn, earns you less?
3) Squeeze page: A squeeze page is a web page whose sole aim is to get the name and email address of your visitors by referring them to a web site. This means that the visitor has several options at the site’s end, in order to become a customer.
You can design a squeeze page by creating a graphic image of, for example, a box with the words ‘sign up’, ‘subscribe’ or ‘get newsletters’. An ezine promo is also one way to draw your visitors’ hands.
4) Easy checkout process: The registration or sign up process at checkout should be very simple and quick.
If you have a detailed product online in an eCommerce site rather than offering it in a form of banners such as toothed banners or pop-up-based banners. You may like to design a graphical background to include images that give the idea of opening a box containing a product. This gives you a clearer idea of what your visitors should see through a popup.
5) Template design or website design: Website design, such as site layout, navigation, and order pages, are other important aspects of designing your eCommerce site. Potential customers are impressed when they find a professional site rather than a personal one using work Photoshop wastelands. Perhaps easier will be easier answered by state-of-the-art search engine optimization techniques.
6) Quality content: It is essential for a website to provide sufficient information. You have the right to update your website and upload new information whenever you wish but, at the same time, it is essential for visitors to visit your site again and again because, if there is no new content on your site, you will lose customers.
7) Website traffic: While you may think that there is no use of continually building web pages to update if there is no traffic, you should understand that in many instances the tracking software or analytic software will show that the website is not achieving more and more new visitors.
In some cases, people may click the links for further information but immediately leave the site, because they do not find what they were looking for, so what routes should be closed? One way to avoid this situation is to provide more and more good content to increase your traffic.
The convenience and speed of a site also generate repeat traffic by sending people to sites that can be used again and again is a great advantage to eCommerce. Here, they can find new sites of products from which they may have an interest as well as affiliate programs where you are going to make a good profit. The online market is a waiting market filled with potential customers.